Sounds complicated, right? In reality, it couldn’t be much easier to throw together. This quick one pan (low carb!) dinner is perfect for busy weeknights! Tender bites of chicken and broccoli, smothered in a creamy pesto sauce – it’ll taste like you’ve been cooking all afternoon, but this dinner is ready in just about 30 minutes. Scroll down for the printable recipe!I like to cut up the chicken first, that way I can get it started cooking while I chop the broccoli and grate the cheese, and then the whole dish comes together really quickly. Once the chicken has cooked through, toss in your broccoli, stir and cook just a couple of minutes until it’s bright green. I like my broccoli to have a bit of a bite, so I don’t cook it for too long, but if you prefer it on the softer side you can always let it cook a little longer, or even steam it separately – up to you!The last step is the delicious pesto cream sauce, which sounds fancy but really isn’t. Add the cream cheese to your broccoli and chicken in small blobs, along with the pesto, heavy cream, and about half of your freshly grated Parmesan to make your sauce. You’ll want to stir and cook for a few minutes to make sure all the cheeses have melted in, and the sauce is smooth.Serve it up garnished with the remaining Parmesan cheese! If you’re not on a low carb diet, this is great with a crusty bread, but I love it all on its own!
One Pan Chicken And Broccoli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (you could use chicken thighs instead), cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken, medium heat.
- Add the broccoli florets, stir and cook for about two minutes, until they are bright green and start to soften.
- Add the cream cheese in little blobs, along with the cream and pesto. Stir and cook, until the cream cheese has melted, about 2 more minutes.
- Add half the Parmesan, stir to combine.
- Serve topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information (per serving): 668 calories, 11 g carbs, 42 g fat, 53 g protein
*Nutritional values are approximate, calculated by me, based on the products I used to make this recipe. Carbs noted are total, not net.